The April 2010 NewPath Network meeting was a small, but personal affair. We held the event again at Camaraderie, and as usual Rachel Young was a perfect host for the event. I think we've found our home where we can have a comfortable, friendly event where the participants really get to know each other.
After the usual introductions, I started the discussion with the question "Where do you see yourselves in 10 years?" The results of the discussion allowed our new NewPath friends to get to know about each other much more than they would have in the usual networking-at-the-bar, with-loud-thumping-background-music.
A little about who came out to the event:
- A military man who is now dreaming with passion. Deliberate and listens carefully to everyone, Delroy provided terrific advice and offered his vision of his future.
- Rachel Young
- Rachel Young sat down with us too and gave a small tour of Camaraderie. Rachel is building a terrific co-working community right here in Toronto. It's good to see that the rooms are now ready to use, and several of the guests at NewPath Network showed some interest in becoming Camaraderie tenants. Always awesome!
- Kevin McIntosh
- The Chief Networking Officer of NewPath Network talked about spending more time with his kids while figuring out how to continue to evolve the business model of Cardwatch.
- Laure Ampilhac
- Bringing a new ambiance to your life. Laure is originally from France and is working on a real estate renovation business. Laure brought some great ideas forward and gave lots of great recommendations.
- Vlad Elkis
- Vlad is a young college graduate looking to break into the Toronto market after just moving here from the US. He is a financial business analyst and is looking for work.
- Craig Rennick, Sales Consultant, Rennick Consulting
- Craig is a successful sales consultant and one of my previous bosses at FloNetwork. It was so nice to see him again after many years. Craig is now working on his own as a sales consultant and motivational speaker. Craig's company is online.
- Craig says that he is into all the motivational books, and just finished reading Dan Pink's new book on motivation "Drive". I was delighted to hear that. I hope Craig can come back and deliver a talk at a future NewPath Network event. His experience in successful sales operations would be music to our members' ears.